lauantai 18. heinäkuuta 2015

A Blast From The Past

After years and years, I finally got around to visiting some old gamer friends. The experience was weird in a good way, not unlike coming home.

I also got to play a great game of mythical Japan, Legend Of The Five Rings, ran by my friend who is one of the developers of Audatia, a historically accurate card game of sword fighting with historical people, playing which helps you learn the techniques and terminology of 15th century Italian sword fighting. How cool is that? Dear reader, I trust you know as well as I do, that there are no words for how cool that is.

I was also made aware, that this other fellow I also haven't seen in years has his own miniature blog featuring, among other things, pirates and zombies. Convergent evolution?
(Pic from Wikipedia)

Maybe it's just that great minds think alike. Anyhow, dawnofthelead.com is definitely worth checking out, if just for the mind blowing pirate ship he is building.

But best part was that my wonderful goddaughter, whom I've seen shamefully little, was there with her friend, taking part in the aforementioned Lot5R game. It was their first ever tabletop RPG, and they took to the concept like ducks to water and great, cinematic fun was had by all.

But, anyhow this is my miniature blog, so my conscience demands I include a mini pic also. Being a bit short of anything recently painted, I'll leave you with this picture of some Rogue Trader squats I painted ca. 1996. Looking at the colour scheme now, I can only say: What the van Helsing was I thinking with that colour combination?



2 kommenttia:

  1. Kiitokset maininnasta ja linkkaamisesta! Onpa tosiaan hämmentävää miten pieni maailma. Mainio proggis tää merirosvojuttu, hauska nähdä että muutkin puuhastelee samalla sektorilla.

    VastaaPoista