sunnuntai 2. elokuuta 2015

Captain's Log



"That's not my log."


"Whoa! That log has teeth!"


"And that's a frog. I get a sense you people aren't even trying."

Because a horde of 20 zombies is very unwieldy on tabletop as separate pieces, I started to make some movement trays. It takes some time and effort to make a nice movement tray, and you always find some cool mini you want to add to the unit, or perhaps you just want a character to join a unit during a game, making the movement tray too small. So I made the tray a bit bigger and sculpted some filler pieces that can be replaced with characters etc. as need be.


A tray in progress.

My trays have a decorated edge, glued to a rubber coated metallic sheet so the magnetic bases stick nice and firm.


"Men! Pay no heed to this sorcery! Follow me, for booty calls!"

I made one tray edge out of plasticard, but at least with my tools it was quite a chore resulting in an annoying amount of statically charged plastic dust that was hard to clean up and will probably end up floating in the oceans (I hope they get this working).

Better results were achieved with gluing four layers of thin cardboard (from a box of porridge flakes) together with PVA glue and cutting it with a carpet knife.

The result:






Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti