lauantai 19. huhtikuuta 2014

The Horde Is A-Brewing, Or The Frost Dragon

Dragons. I counted, thanks to the Talisman Dragons expansion, there is a total of 24 dragons in the whole game. That is a lot of dragons. Am I mad to think of acquiring and painting a total of 24 dragons?

Well, I'll never be done, if I don't start. Here is number one, the Frost Dragon from the Dragons expansion (row 2, column 3).




The beast is an old mini. I remember it came in a boxed set with another dragon like this one in a slightly different pose and a barbarian warrior.

I probably pooled my money with a friend, so that I got one dragon and my friend got the other one and the warrior because I don't have them and I don't think I ever painted them.

This dragon I had painted with thick enamel paints in white with silver spines. Now I added the basing and repainted the beast. An improvement, yes, but maybe not all that big at least thanks to nostalgia..

Anyway, nostalgia or not, I love the sculpt. Especially the wings, they are often a problem, falling off if handled roughly in the midst of battle. With this one the wings are sturdy and the tucked in position actually adds to the pose which to me resembles a stalking panther.

If anyone recognizes the mini and knows about the manufacturer, etc, the info would be appreciated!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti