tiistai 9. syyskuuta 2014

Beware The Deadly, Flashing Blade, Or The Swashbuckler

With the Swashbuckler player character from the Dungeon expansion, I kept thinking of Errol Flynn's 1940 film, the Sea Hawk. Which, of course, is black and white, so no help for the colours from there.




From Reaper by Derek Schubert.

I had kept going with the quick black undercoat - dark base - medium tone - highlight method. I'd been taking the speed and the amount of black showing further and further, and with this one I think I took the method too far. He just looks dirty to me. But you won't know the limits of your tools and styles if you never cross those limits.

I've also noticed that there is a bit of variety in size between minis even from the same producer. Here are two Reaper minis, the Swashbuckler and the Rogue from my previous post.


The basing adds to the difference in height. The Swashbuckler has a tab and a slotta base, while the Rogue has an integral cast base and I've then placed him on a 25 mm square base for unity.

But still, even without the base, the Swashbuckler measures 32 mm, while the Rogue stands at 36 mm. Not really a problem for me, but still annoying.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti