torstai 18. joulukuuta 2014

Arachnophobia, Or A Giant Spider

An 8-legged monstrosity from the Dungeon.





I finally RTFM, and I learned to stop worrying and love the Reaper "Bones" plastic. I had a lot of problems earlier with getting the paint to stick to the plastic. The problem was water. I usually use a rather wet brush, which makes the paint flow better. But with this material even a little water in the paint caused the recesses to repel the paint leaving a very uneven coat. Simply by using a dry brush for the first layer of paint solved the problem. The following layers can be thinned down with water with no problems. The paint sticks very hard, you don't need a coat of primer and you don't need any varnish.

I also like the way the the torchlight came out. I highlighted with a light shade of the colour where the light would fall further away from the light source and then used yellow / orange highlighting close to the torch.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti