tiistai 21. huhtikuuta 2015

Pirates!

Yeah, I ended up going overboard with these pirates. Picking up two or three to paint can't hurt, right? Instead this turned into another army project.


I guess it was inevitable. My love affair with nautical armed robbery began years ago, fueled on by great games like this:



Sid Meier's Pirates!, MicroProse, Amiga 500, 1990.

With graphics like that you can just smell the sea and the gunpowder! I never got very far in the game, but played it for hours. It had sea battles, sword fights, trekking in the jungle, looking for treasure, it had everything.


Then there were also the not-so-great games:


Skull & Crossbones, Domark, Amiga 500, 1991.

Monotonous gameplay, stiff controls and buggy graphics. But you could play a pirate, so I loved it!


And then, the game after which there was no turning back:


Secret of the Monkey Island, LucasArts, Amiga 500, 1990.



Secret of the Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge, LucasArts, MS-DOS, 1991

Ah, the Monkey Island series! Games 3 (Curse of) & 4 (Escape from) I only played years later and they are fun, but in my mind they don't compare with the humor, the art and the mood of the first two games. I  must have played both through a half-a-dozen times.

So, now it seems that most of my painting time will be consumed by these buccaneers, in various states of readiness, with a touch of voodoo!


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti