maanantai 27. huhtikuuta 2015

The Joy Of Hex

With my pirates I'm definitely going minis first, game system second. The system I'm familiar with is Warhammer (3rd - 4th ed.) and that is probably the system I'm going with when/if I get around actually gaming with them.

The Warhammer base size for humans is 20mm square, and I had already based and even painted quite a few of my pirates that way. But had a little trouble ranking some of them up and more importantly some of them constantly tipping over, as if they had broken into the rum!

So I decided, screw 'em little squares! My pirate army would resemble no army list, so I would only play against people who'd be okay with that and thus would be more likely to be okay with unorthodox basing as well.

I went with hexagonal bases for a couple of reasons: 1. I've never used hexes before. 2. To me they look nice and old school. 3. I found some nice magnetic hexes from Gale Force 9, which means nifty movement trays later on. 4. Comparing the 2 pics below, to my eye the latter formation is definitely more "Scurvy Band of Unruly Buccaneers".



Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti